Thursday 11th May 2017, 9:30am – 11:30am
DY1 Building, Stafford Street, Dudley
Background information and context
The NHS Five Year Forward View highlights the importance of the following in transforming health and social care services to meet to demands of an aging population:
- Supporting people to manage their own health better
- A need for radical upgrade in prevention and public health
- The NHS becoming a better partner with the voluntary sector and local communities
- Encouraging self-management for people with specific conditions and peer to peer support
- Health related community volunteering
Dudley’s MCP commissioning and procurement document states that the MCP will:
- Work effectively and efficiently with the voluntary and community sector ensuring there is parity of esteem between sector-led activities and initiatives and traditional health and care services.
- Work with partner organisations in helping to build community capacity and resilience
- Promote education, self-management and peer support
Aims of session
- Explore with voluntary and community sector organisations opportunities for stimulating and nurturing peer to peer support informal networks for people living with a long term condition, people with drug and alcohol dependency, people who care for children with a learning disability or physical disability, older people that care for other older people, young people with mental health issues.
- Explore ideas for co-designing a model to support and enable such activities (some small levels of financial resource will be made available if required to kick start activities).
- Explore how the voluntary and community sector can gather evidence of the value of peer-led activities to help people self-manage their health and wellbeing
Who the session is aimed at: voluntary organisations, charities, social enterprises, faith based organisation, community groups.
Book a place through the Eventbrite link here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/exploring-opportunities-for-the-voluntary-sector-in-supporting-peer-led-activities-social-networks-tickets-33459223438
Dudley multispecialty community provider vanguard aims to improve health and wellbeing for local people through more closely linked health and care services, based around GP practices, which allow easier access to care that is consistent and better co-ordinated. In October 2014 they created Integrated Plus, a service based on a social prescribing model that supports people who frequently visit their GP and who are at high risk of hospital admission. Kate Green manages the service and discusses the important role that Link Officers play in the supporting patients.
The aim of the Integrated Plus service is to look at the whole needs of a person, regardless of what those needs might be and jointly find solutions to problems faced and identify opportunities for people to become more involved and active in their community. We help to ensure people are accessing services and activities appropriate to their needs.
Dudley CCG has launched a public consultation to help shape the development of Dudley’s Multi-Speciality Community Provider (MCP). The consultation is to ask peoples views to help ensure that the new Dudley MCP is organised in the best possible way to meet people’s needs. Consultation is taking place on four key areas including:
Details of services included in the MCP contract (scope)
- The targets and outcomes expected to be achieved for Dudley people
- A description of the way the MCP is expected to operate (its characteristics)
- An expectation on how technology will be used to improve access (for example easier telephone/online access system)
How to get involved
You can share your views any time between Friday 15th July up until midnight on Friday 9th September. Take a look at Dudley CCG’s consultation document. You can return completed questionnaires free to the following address (just write this on an envelope):
FREEPOST RTGH-YKLH-AZXZ Dudley Clinical Commissioning Group Brierley Hill Health & Social Care Centre Venture Way BRIERLEY HILL DY5 1RU
Events taking place across Dudley borough:
Join in with one of 5 public meetings:
- Monday 1st August at the Zion centre Halesowen – 1pm-3pm
- Tuesday 2nd August at The Beacon Centre, Sedgley – 10am-12noon
- Wednesday 3rd August at Stourbridge Town Hall – 1pm-3pm
- Thursday 4th August at Brierley Hill Civic Hall – 5.30pm-7.30pm
- Friday 5th August at DY1 in Dudley Town centre – 11am-1pm
To book a place at one of the above sessions please email Keren.Hodgson@dudleyccg.nhs.uk or call 01384 321730
Jump on the campervan between 1st and 5th August and leave your views in the video diary room. Dates and venues to be confirmed.
Come along to more focussed sessions to understand more detail on the following areas:
- Diabetes – Tuesday 19th July 4pm-6pm at DY1, Stafford St, Dudley, DY1 1RT
- Primary Mental Health -Tuesday 6th September, 12pm-2pm, DY1, Stafford St, Dudley, DY1 1RT
- Respiratory – Thursday 8th September, 2pm-4pm, Bank St Methodist Church, Brierley Hill, DY5 3DA
- Outcomes, Characteristics and Scope – Monday 5th September 2016 10am-12.30pm, DY1, Stafford St, Dudley, DY1 1RT or Wednesday 7th September 2016 4.30pm-7pm, Brierley Hill Civic Hall, Brierley Hill, DY5 3DH
Alternatively you can:
- Email Dudley CCG your views at: email@example.com
- Call Dudley CCG with your views on 01384 321764
- Listen to the talking newspaper at http://www.beaconvision.org
- Tweet Dudley CCG at @Dudleyccg
- Visit Dudley CCG facebook page at www.facebook.com/dudleyccg
- Join Dudley CCG mailing list by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org